The Kenton Little League was formed in 1951 by a group of local businessmen whose desire was to reach out to the youth of our community through organized baseball. Between 1951 and 1956 the Little League played at numerous locations including the Hardin County Fairgrounds, a city owned ball field and other places suitable for play. In 1956, the youth involvement increased to the point that three ball fields were built at the Kenton Middle School. In 1981 this land was needed by the school so the league was forced to move again to another location owned by the Kenton City Schools and built a four field facility at the Hardin Central School location.
In 2005, Kenton Little League broke ground on the new Home Run Memorial Park which features seven baseball/softball fields with a half mile walking track, concession stand complete with a board office, umpires locker room, indoor batting cages, playground, picnic areas and parking for 400 cars.